RECIPE: GREEK YOGURT BANANA BREAD WITH OATSRECIPE: GREEK YOGURT BANANA BREAD WITH OATS https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/44a-1024x1024.jpg 1024 1024 Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/44a-1024x1024.jpg
We’re taking back bananas (with yummy delicious banana bread)! As adults we don’t eat enough fruits and vegetables. The CDC reports that less than 12% of adults are eating the minimum requirement of fruit recommended which is between 1 ½ cups to 2 cups of fruits a day. That can be broken down to 1 banana, 1 apple and 1 cup of tomato soup.
Protect and nourish your body with banana bread! Did you know that bananas can help fight symptoms of depression and SAD (seasonal affective disorder)? The high levels of tryptophan convert into serotonin — the happiness neurotransmitter! improving your mood and giving you a boost of energy.
TIP. Speaking of energy — eat (2) bananas before an intense workout to boost your energy and sustain your blood sugar. You can also eat a banana after workouts to prevent aches and cramps.
Banana Bread + Blood Sugar
Bananas, the main ingredient found in banana bread, can also regulate blood sugar and reduce the production of stress hormones such as cortisol, that greatly affect blood sugar.
Bananas are high in vitamin B6, potassium, iron, and low in salt. This combination of nutrients and minerals has the power to protect against type II diabetes, help with the production of white blood cells, lower blood pressure and protect against hearts and strokes.
TIP. Eat a banana or slice of banana bread to curb cravings between meals. As we learned above, bananas are excellent for regulating blood sugar.
- Want to quit smoking? Bananas contain high levels of B-vitamins, potassium and magnesium to speed recovery from the effects of withdrawal.
- Have a wart? Remove a wart by placing the inside of a banana peel against the wart and securing it in place.
- Need a leather cleaner? Polish your leather handbags and shoes by rubbing the inside of a banana peel for a quick shine.
Oh, and don’t forget! — bananas make great snacks and delicious smoothies.
Prep time: 1 hour
2 cups rolled oats
2 ripe bananas
1 cup Greek yogurt
¼ cup brown sugar
½ tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp baking powder
Optional: dark chocolate chips, walnuts, coconut, …
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Put the 2 cups rolled oats in a blender or food processor and pulse until it has become a flour.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the brown sugar, baking soda, and baking powder and whisk until blended.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas well and whisk in the Greek yogurt and the eggs. If you would like to make chocolate banana bread, toss ½ cup of dark chocolate chips with a spoonful of coconut oil in a small bowl, microwave at 30 seconds increments until melted, and stir chocolate into wet ingredients.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together by adding dry to wet and gently stir until combined. Add any extras – walnuts, coconut, more chocolate chips, etc.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until knife inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean – this is a moist bread, so don’t be too worried if the knife comes out a little wet.
- Let cool and transfer it to a Tupperware container.
- Serve warmed up or cool, both ways are divine! YUMMY!
Sharing is caring!
Delphine RemyAll stories by: Delphine Remy
You might also like
CHOCOLATE GANACHE FOR VALENTINE’S DAYCHOCOLATE GANACHE FOR VALENTINE’S DAY https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/7L9A0043-1024x1024.jpg 1024 1024 Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/7L9A0043-1024x1024.jpg
PEACH AND CARROT SOUPPEACH AND CARROT SOUP https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/delphine-remy_PEACH-AND-CARROT-SOUP-1024x1024.jpg 1024 1024 Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/delphine-remy_PEACH-AND-CARROT-SOUP-1024x1024.jpg
CUCUMBER GAZPACHOCUCUMBER GAZPACHO https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/delphine-remy_CUCUMBER-GAZPACHO-1024x1024.jpg 1024 1024 Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/delphine-remy_CUCUMBER-GAZPACHO-1024x1024.jpg