EXERCISE IS CRUCIAL BUT NOT FOR THE REASONS YOU THINKEXERCISE IS CRUCIAL BUT NOT FOR THE REASONS YOU THINK https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/15-1024x1024.jpg 1024 1024 Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/15-1024x1024.jpg
Me: “ I’ll go tomorrow. I don’t feel like it today.”
Inner Me: Don’t tell me you’re going to skip today too! But you said you weren’t going to. You even passed by the gym on your way to work. You promised you would stop and go inside and just get it done with. Then why didn’t you? Why you do you have to be such a lazy couch potato?
Why, why, why?
This conversation is happening as you cozy up on your couch, munching on your favorite snack as you peruse Netflix for something good to re-watch. This blog was coming, you knew it was but sooner or later we have to come to face to face with why (a lot of us) seem to dance around this topic and internal conversation as opposed to just getting down to brass tacks.
1. It keeps the stress hormone cortisol at bay. Too much of this hormone eventually ends up becoming belly fat as it makes you insulin-resistant.
2. It makes your muscles and cells, more sensitive to insulin. This means that you won’t need more insulin to function. Did you know less insulin means less belly fat? Well, now you do!
3. Too much of the same hormone also gives air to your cravings. Your craving to indulge in comfort food and sugary desserts increases. You can’t resist the urge to stay away from having an additional red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting and ultimately end up having one.
4. Regular exercise is also proven to boost your memory and increase your level of concentration, focus and alertness as you become more aware about your surroundings and yourself.
5. Exercise involving strength training burns 7 times as many calories as fat. But not to be mistaken, strength training isn’t only for those with sagging fat; it is also for those with a skinnier physique as it prevents the skinny fat syndrome.
6. It also improves your sexual functioning.
7. Dynamic exercise is a better antidepressant than Prozac.
8. Multiple studies suggest that when people incorporate regular exercise in their routines, they are less likely to become victims of a heart stroke, heart attack or other heart-related conditions.
9. Exercise boosts detoxification of environmental chemicals.
10. People who indulge in interval training can speed up their metabolism rate and continue to burn calories all day, even when asleep.
11. Exercise reduces inflammation, the cause of almost every disease of aging.
12. Regular exercise also keeps different types of cancer, including breast cancer in women, at bay.
I can go on but I guess these are enough reasons to convince you that exercise isn’t all about how you look physically. A greater part of it is how you feel internally. Another thing before I leave, if you are attempting to lose weight and solely relying on a hardcore workout regime, know that you are just setting yourself up for failure, if you don’t change your diet. No matter what contrary opinions suggest, the simple fact is that you cannot exercise your way out of a bad diet.
Sharing is caring!
adminAll stories by: admin
You might also like
3 WAYS TO STRENGTHEN YOUR CORE3 WAYS TO STRENGTHEN YOUR CORE https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/delphine-remy-core-1024x1024.jpg 1024 1024 Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/delphine-remy-core-1024x1024.jpg
WHAT IS ORTHOREXIA?WHAT IS ORTHOREXIA? https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Delphine-Remy-Orthorexia.jpg 800 800 Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Delphine-Remy-Orthorexia.jpg
5 WAYS TO BOOST YOUR METABOLISM5 WAYS TO BOOST YOUR METABOLISM https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Delphine-remy-metabolism-1024x1024.jpg 1024 1024 Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Delphine-remy-metabolism-1024x1024.jpg