CHICKEN TAGINE WITH APRICOTS, ALMONDS AND OLIVESCHICKEN TAGINE WITH APRICOTS, ALMONDS AND OLIVES https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/31a-1-1024x1024.jpg 1024 1024 Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/31a-1-1024x1024.jpg
Cook Time 1 ½ hour
Chicken Tagine with Apricots, Almonds and Olives is one of those easy to make recipes that leaves a lasting impression on your dinner guests without the effort. The bold Moroccan flavors can be prepared ahead of time using a Dutch Oven Le Creuset, stored and easily transported and re-heated if need be. Well, actually it is the kind of dish that is even better reheated! The combination of ginger, cinnamon and saffron creates an exotic flavor well paired with the apricots and you’re in for a treat when you realise how tender and juicy the chicken remains throughout the process.
12 chicken thighs, deboned and skin on
2 preserved lemons
Extra-virgin olive oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed saffron threads
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro + for serving
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley + for serving
1/2 cup dried apricots, sliced in half crosswise
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup blanched almonds
1 1/2 cups small green Greek or Picholine olives, pitted
Cooked couscous, for serving (optional)
1. Begin by sprinkling the chicken with 2 teaspoons sea salt and pat the dry.
2. Next, heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat and add 3 tablespoons olive oil. Once the oil begins to simmer, add half of the chicken with the skin-side down. Cover the Dutch oven and cook until the skin is golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Transfer the chicken to a platter. Repeat with the remaining pieces of chicken. Discard any excess oil.
4. Next, add 3 tablespoons olive oil, onion, garlic, ginger, coriander, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, saffron and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper to the Dutch oven.
5. Cook over medium heat, stirring regularly, until the onions soften, about 5 minutes; next, stir in the cilantro and parsley.
6. Pushing the onion mixture to one side of the Dutch oven, add the chicken back to the pot, skin-side up.
7. Cover the chicken with the onion mixture add 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling reduce the heat to low; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, cut the apricots in halves.
9. Combine the apricots with 1 cup water and add the honey to a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Cook uncovered until the apricots are plump and the liquid a little syrupy. About 15 minutes.
10. Chop the lemons into small pieces and add to the Dutch oven with the chicken along with the olives. Next add the apricots and the almonds.
11. Cover Dutch oven and continue cooking until the chicken is tender, about 20 more minutes.
12. Place chicken on a serving platter and garnish with chopped fresh herbs. Serve with a side of Cauliflower Couscous.
Sharing is caring!
adminAll stories by: admin
You might also like
PEACH AND CARROT SOUPPEACH AND CARROT SOUP https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/delphine-remy_PEACH-AND-CARROT-SOUP-1024x1024.jpg 1024 1024 Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/delphine-remy_PEACH-AND-CARROT-SOUP-1024x1024.jpg
CUCUMBER GAZPACHOCUCUMBER GAZPACHO https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/delphine-remy_CUCUMBER-GAZPACHO-1024x1024.jpg 1024 1024 Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/delphine-remy_CUCUMBER-GAZPACHO-1024x1024.jpg
BEET + PINEAPPLE DETOX SMOOTHIEBEET + PINEAPPLE DETOX SMOOTHIE https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/delphine-remy_cdetox-smoothie-1024x1024.jpg 1024 1024 Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/delphine-remy_cdetox-smoothie-1024x1024.jpg