3 HEALTHY RECIPES FOR POST WORKOUTS3 HEALTHY RECIPES FOR POST WORKOUTS https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Fotolia_119096288_Subscription_XXL-1-1024x1024.jpg 1024 1024 Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Fotolia_119096288_Subscription_XXL-1-1024x1024.jpg
When you’re trying to tone or lose weight working out is only half the battle. The good news is what you eat is the other half. When committing to a workout regiment, be it low intensity regiments such as yoga or Pilates or high intensity such as boot-camp and cross-fit, it’s important to properly nourish the body to keep it functioning efficiently. Here are 5 healthy recipes to prepare after your workouts. The body uses so much energy during a workout that it’s important to refuel and replenish with foods geared towards strengthening your body as a whole.
AVO + SALMON BURGER
Red onion rings
1. Mix hummus with beet juice.
2. Next, cut and peel the avocado.
3. Fill one of the hollowed halves of avocado with beet hummus.
4. Add arugula.
5. Top with more beet hummus.
6. Add a slice of salmon.
7. Add a slice of beet and red onion.
8. Top with more beet hummus.
9. Complete by adding the other avocado half.
CURRY SWEET POTATOES WITH BROCCOLI + CASHEWS
Courtesy of Plant-based enthusiast @86lemons
Vegan + Gluten-free
4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1″ cubes
3 cups broccoli florets (about 1 head)
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped (about ¾ cup)
5 celery stalks, cut in half lengthwise and chopped
½ cup raisins
1 cup cashews pieces/halves
¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
½ cup vegan mayonnaise
1 Tbsp curry powder
2 tsp cumin
¼ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
½ tsp salt
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp water
(optional) large curly lettuce leaves for garnish
1. Add cubed sweet potatoes to a large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until potatoes are fork tender (about 5 minutes). Do not overcook potatoes or they will lose their shape. Drain and set aside.
2. Steam broccoli florets until tender-crisp.
3. Add potatoes, broccoli, red pepper, celery, raisins cashews and cilantro to a large bowl; gently fold to combine.
4. In a small bowl, combine vegan mayonnaise, curry, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt. Add olive oil; stir to incorporate. Add water; stir to incorporate. Add to sweet potato mixture and gently fold to combine all ingredients. May be served warm, room temperature or chilled. Plate individual servings on a single large curly lettuce leaf if desired.
MANGO SMOOTHIE BOWL
1 cup of plant-based milk, such as almond, cashew, …
½ lemon juice
1. Add all the ingredients to your Thermomix or Vitamix and blend.
2. Pour into a bowl and add your favorite toppings!
Sharing is caring!
adminAll stories by: admin
You might also like
3 WAYS TO STRENGTHEN YOUR CORE3 WAYS TO STRENGTHEN YOUR CORE https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/delphine-remy-core-1024x1024.jpg 1024 1024 Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/delphine-remy-core-1024x1024.jpg
4 DIY FOOD FACE MASKS4 DIY FOOD FACE MASKS https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/delphine-remy-face-mask.jpg 800 800 Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/delphine-remy-face-mask.jpg
WHAT IS ORTHOREXIA?WHAT IS ORTHOREXIA? https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Delphine-Remy-Orthorexia.jpg 800 800 Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach https://www.delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Delphine-Remy-Orthorexia.jpg